This blog is designed to let supporters follow the wine-making process from start to finish. There will be frequent posts with updates. Email us at z.cellars@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day Fourteen

It has been exactly two weeks since I first added the yeast to the juice. Today, I checked the specific gravity of the juice once more. It was 0.996. If the reading is the same tomorrow, I can begin the final step before bottling. Either way, I am only 14-21 days away from bottling the wine.

I also tasted the wine for the first time today. It actually tasted much better than I expected at this point. It definitely has the potential to be a very good wine. At this point it tastes like a young wine. Imagine eating a grape that isn't quite ripe yet. That is how the wine tasted today. Hopefully in another month or so it will have matured to the point where it can enjoyably be consumed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment