This blog is designed to let supporters follow the wine-making process from start to finish. There will be frequent posts with updates. Email us at z.cellars@gmail.com.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Update

It's been three days since I bottled my first batch of wine. I went to the UPS Store today with my label design and had them print the label. When I got home, I placed the label on several of the bottles, as well as applied the shrink wrap. Both of those things give the bottles a more "professional" look.

I also did the finance calculations on this batch of wine. It cost me a total of $357.31 for all of the supplies. After I divided that by 24 bottles, I figured out that each bottle cost me $14.89 to produce. That might seem like a lot, but you need to consider how most of the expenses were for equipment, not for the juice itself. Each subsequent batch that I produce will cost on average $7 or less. Not only the next rounds be cheaper to produce, hopefully they'll be better to drink!

Zschoche Cellars first bottle with the new label. 

The first bottle of Zschoche Cellars wine ever produced.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I'm curious as to where you acquired those labels? Badass! How'd the first glass taste?

    ReplyDelete